25 July 2011

supporting the Queensland economy with dreamy shopping . . .

Greetings all,
Oh boy, why did we ever leave Queensland & come home to the rain & freezing cold Canberra??  We had such a lovely holiday & did lots of dreamy shopping.  First stop, like always, was beautiful Simone from Beach Vintage blog's shop Just Plain Gorgeous in Bulimba (just around from fancy Kangaroo Point) it's where the beautiful people live.
 I picked up a pretty pink kaftan & delicious blue dress in there + some fabric, bliss!!
 Further along Oxford Street is a cute shop called Green Glass - they have the cafe by the park in this post.  Really lovely goodies & service to boot.
 Of course, a treat for the children to have some stationery fun in the school holidays involves a trip to Kikki-K, i think we went to the Chermside store??  I love this flag stamp!!
 Next time i'm in Brisbane, i'm checking out this shop, Frankie & the Fox, i was forbidden to enter by my husband, he doesn't understand my constant need for fashion eye candy.
 So just a quick snap on our way past.  The sign alone screams my kind of store.
 So farewell beautiful blue skies & sunshiney Queensland Winter.  I shouldn't complain, i've spent 7 Winters of my life in Darwin cruising along at 30C every day, no chance of rain, just that holiday feeling. 
Canberra is technically the sunniest city in Australia, i must admit, we have many Winter days which look like stunning Summer, it's just 2C outside & you're wearing gloves, so i'm just playing spoilt.  The best thing about Queensland is most positively definitely my husband, i miss him, sigh.  Have happy weeks everyone, love Posie

22 comments:

Leah said...

Lovely shopping - I'm seriously needing some warmth but have my dh here so won't complain.

The Moerks said...

NIce work. I just did some shopping myself. Very carthartic!

Nikki @ Styling You said...

Thanks for propping up our economy!

Sindy said...

I am always grateful that I dislike shopping so much, except for other people - I went out two days ago to have a look at a dress I had seen online, the shop didn't have it, but they did have some lovely stuff for my boyfriend. So a successful trip, and I can put off shopping for me again for another year!

Anonymous said...

Ooh what lovely purchases...I am itching for a trip to Bribane to see family but could easily squeeze in a shopping spree...oh and meeting a few bloggers too :)

x

The Provincial Homemaker said...

I always thought QLD equaled sun and warmth - then we got posted to Toowoomba! Love the stamp.

Unknown said...

Hello Posie

I am new to your blog as you are mine

I am so glad you commented today as I may not have come by your wonderful blog for a little while yet.

I love the photos of the shops and I need to get me one of those Aqua / teal thingy dresses in that window photo that you took.

I ache in my heat reading some of your posts for your absence of a whole family unit together.

I truly think you need to come up here to live ASAP

big hugs to you

and great to "meet" you :)

x

Loulou

http://hereiamloulou.blogspot.com/

1000 Homes of Happiness said...

Gorgoeus shopping, I love those dreamy dresses in your last snap. My little ladies have an obsession with stamps at the moment so would be in heaven with your stationary Posie.

Ahh, wouldn't some warm weather be fab!

xoxox Kell.

Unknown said...

you are the sweetest x

Jacinta said...

Those dresses in the window are gorgeous... shame it's not warm enough in Melbourne yet... brrr!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Great buys. So much prettiness.

Thea said...

Sorry I was out of town this time but for me the best part of sunny, warm QLD is being able to come home to it. x

Thea said...

Oh yes, Toowoomba is freezing! Luckily I live in Brisbane.

Felicity said...

When we catch up we are NOT going shopping together because I would get into serious trouble with you that's for sure and certain.

Sending you some QLD winter warmth to bring extra cheer to your day.

Happy hugs,

xx F

Tina said...

Ooh such gorgeous treasures for the whole family:) Loving them all! I think Queensland will be wishing you back very, very soon;) It must have been so wonderful to be with your hubby! Just keep thinking 'homestead', lovely. Sending happy thoughts your way. Stay warm ~ xx

Angela said...

Man, check out your loot! I'm green with envy... yes, sunny QLD does seem preferable to Canberra in winter :)

Mel@georgicapond said...

A trip to beautiful Queensland always lifts my spirits no matter what time of year. But going up in winter is a great treat, especially given the awful weather we have been having. Love the whole vibe of Q, and great to support them as they rebuild.

Tales of a Tai Tai said...

Is there anything better than a crisp, fresh, sunny blue day in Winter?? Love your purchases! xx

Stacey said...

Love those red beads! I'm a sucker for red necklaces!!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh yes, the red beaded necklace is certainly a favourite, love Posie

ally said...

you did good :-)
love the kikki k and the beadsc aught my eye too

Anonymous said...

Mу brotheг recommendеd I might like thіs blog.
Ηe was entirеly right. This post actually mаde my day.
You cann't imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!
Look into my webpage : International Law Firms Dubai