17 December 2010

any excuse to buy little extra luxuries . . .

Greetings all,
I paced my Christmas shopping so evenly & well in advance this year, i feel quite entitled to indulge in a few little luxuries. 
Thank you for asking, my facial/ massage/ eye brow wax went wonderfully, i didn't want to leave!!  Thank Martha from JellyShane for some sober advice, my eyebrows do NOT look like Nike ticks, i'm so sorry you had to go through such an ordeal.  I even managed to wash my new hair do & dry into a cute style today, there is hope!!  & fear not Monet Paisley, my hair is streaky blonde, it just didn't look like it in the photo in my dark lounge + swimming over Summer, it will go even streakier!!  I just don't have time for colour maintenance.
Anyway, sticking to handmade style or handmade-craft-enabling themes in my indulgence . . . i've had a bit of fun.  Check out the Plushka festive bunting for the treadmill, precariously positioned/ pushed out of the way for the Christmas tree. 
Apparently it's quite westie/ redneck to have a treadmill in your living area, but i like to run & watch television, "would you rather me be fatter??"  No, thought not.  When we build our own home, of course, there will not be a treadmill in the lounge, but the Army just wouldn't provide us a house with a wing for the gym!!  Let's move on . . .
 tonight i picked up some Tupperware from a party last week, hopefully my slicing of vegetables for homemade cooking will improve immeasureably, like my spelling!!
 Too cute, had to buy 4 of these handmade Christmas trees for my 4 made-by-me children.
 Can anyone resist a stationery store??  I hit the 3 biggies at the Canberra Centre tonight while my girls were at parties in town, Typo - comedic thrills; Kikki-K - compulsory pieces; Smiggle - cheap cheer.
 More cards, ornaments, ribbon, twine, stamps, books . . . argh!!
 Ah, today my husband took me to Poacher's Pantry for lunch.  Our little 'last day of school celebration'.  We planned to buy a Christmas ham there, smoked on site, but they only had HUGE ones & we're not having Christmas day with our immediate 40 hungry-ham-loving family members, so we'll settle for a smaller leg from a farmer's market instead.  We did leave with some goodies from the pantry for our parents, like truffle chocolates, marinades, preserves & sauces + freckles, the extra expensive & sugary type which you can only eat slowly!!
Oh, had a great idea this afternoon - to arrive at school early with a disposable camera for our eldest daughter to take shots of her friends on the last day of primary school EVER.  Best. Mum. Ever.  She liked me for a whole half hour after that, then things went back to normal preteen-mummy tension.  I actually said to the teens-in-waiting . . . i hope you're taking notes & you don't bother to be so challenging.  They were on their way to a Friday night party anyway, they'd agree with anything i said!!  Happy weekends, love Posie
EDIT: my husband went back to Poacher's today & picked up a small ham, turkey & more Freckles!!  All is well for Christmas day at our place, table of 6!!

5 comments:

Christina Lowry said...

Lots of goodies and the camera was an inspired idea! Ahhh, teens. We are a long way off that stage yet, but I'm taking notes from everyone else about it!

:)

Heidi said...

I love reading about your sweet family you guys really have fun with everything as busy as you are!

Naturally Carol said...

That was a post just bursting with seasonal goodies...love your chatty posts!

Anonymous said...

Love the camera idea!! Will remember that for next year when my young man finishes primary school. Merry Christmas to you & your family, I am sure it will be extra special to just be 6...

Aunt Spicy said...

totally adore the bunting!