07 October 2010

my creative space 'handstitched lampshade cover'

Greetings all,
Remember these free lampshades i got from Revolve a few MCS posts ago, tossed in with that cabinette??  I finally got around to covering them & put them in the girls' bedrooms.
I have THOSE kind of children who can't resist fooling around, like pretending to be a lampshade??!!  Trust me, she was very quiet & still, our 3rd daughter makes a good floor lamp.
 it was 10C yesterday so my children were in bikinis with no where to swim
 imagine this sweet print in a pink, red & white bedroom
 making crude measurements, circle sewing is always deceptively greedy with fabric
Ok, so this is NOT the Babushka print, instead it's the one my eldest daughter chose, she just loved the greens in this fabric.  I hand stitched them completely from the comfort of my lounge - tacked the hem then turned it over & anchored the top & bottom in place to the wire, easy peasy speedy project. 
Happy Creative Spacing, thanks Kirsty for hosting.  Love Posie

17 comments:

NessaKnits said...

Love it. I am sure my mother has just the right moulded lime green rimmed plastic mirror to go with it. Still in use.

Wendy said...

Oh, my golly! That kind of easy peasy project would have me swearing like a sailor for hours. It looks lovely, Posie...and your daughter's taste in fabric is sublime.

by marie-nicole said...

That's very funky!!!

mel @ loved handmade said...

I love them, gorgeous work!!

Jennie said...

Yeah, that doesn't look easy to me!!
Looks great Jennie!x

moose and bird said...

Lovely work as always Posie. x

Kylie said...

Looks great - Love children with personality:) Mr B was running around last night with his knitted nappy cover on as a beanie:)

Heidi said...

I love the shade fabric she chose how fun!

Rosalind said...

he he - nice fabric. She looks lovely :-)

belinda marshall said...

it looks great! i think my kids would do the same given the chance!

Mel said...

Nice one Posie! Love a bit of hand sewing for those sitting on the couch nights ;)

Kirsty said...

Speedy craft...my favourite kind.

Cat said...

The green lampshade looks great Posy. Love your new lampshade;) your daughter looks very cute!

Farmers Wifey said...

She makes a very cute lampshade...I like the green one.

Sally said...

Brilliant. I am loving the green too. You make it sound so much easier than it actually is!

FRIZZ said...

so cool. what a cute model you have!!

Brenda said...

I love the new choice of fabric for the lampshade, although I don't think I'd have the patients to hand stitch the whole thing!

Your daughter with the lampshade remended me of this http://itsallrelative-brenda.blogspot.com/2008/02/cant-find-hat.html

Hope you are having a lovely time in Sydney.

Love Brenda