20 April 2012
a photo-a-day challenge with FatMumSlim April #2
Voila, the middle part of the photo-a-day challenge with FatMumSlim for April.
11. where you ate breakfast - school holidays = lazy breakfast of porridge at the computer. The magazine is on the key board of my laptop as it won't start up, so i might as well read a magazine instead. All i'm trying to do there is download email, it can take 24 hours!! An Apple Mac has been dispatched.
12. stairs - we live in a single storey home, only stairs here are in the dolls' houses.
13. something you found - OMG, i was cleaning out my studio & found a beautiful Oilily handbag which i deemed fit for charity, but as i tossed it across the room into the 'charity bag' it made a jingle. I had to make a small incision in the lining of the pocket & dig out what this puzzling rattling noise was. I gasped, i thought i had lost it, an identity bracelet my parents gave me on my 17th birthday, as per inscription, 20 years ago. The clasp must have broken while my hand was in my bag & was almost, lost forever!! Even more precious to me considering what they mean to me now & how lucky my siblings & i are, to still have them. I'm getting it fixed & back on my wrist, immediately.
14. how you feel today - wishing i was on a farm, eating our own produce with my husband in the Adirondack chair next to me, surveying our homestead, together.
15. sunset - bugger, stunning Autumn sunsets every evening until the 15th where it was overcast.
16. flower - walking through a nursery with my sister, she said "look, Grandad flowers". Our grandfather was a professional gardener & would bring clippings out from England (imagine him on Border Security, being padded down & arrested now, pockets filled with buds & seeds.) Apparently, as little girls, we used to call these 'Grandad flowers'. I didn't remember, i'm so thrilled she reminded me. Here's to my fuchsia loving ancestor who LOVED Australia so so much.
17. something you don't like - um, my filing system, next to the filing cabinet. Bless my husband for trying to encourage me, i frustrate him so much at tax time.
18. hair - oh my ethereal child. A family walk with my sister & our collective 7 children, we stopped for lunch at a cafe to discover my 3rd girl sporting this spectacular headdress, she & her sisters made it as we wandered about. People kept stopping to comment, my squeaky girl, always a show stopper & angelic. Needs a fringe trim, note to self.
19. orange - i hope i never grow up & out of the appeal of purchasing something like an orange wedge children's suitcase. It has sisters - the watermelon & lemon.
20. something you drew - a quick little scribble of a bird, add a sequin headband & it's a disco!!
Thanks for looking, April #1 was here. I'll do #3 on the 30th of April. Have gorgeous weekends folks. Love Posie