08 December 2011

our creative space . . . 'simple & effective bauble strings'

Greetings all,
Simple & effective is how i'm rolling this week.  I'm living on the edge with my laptop, it's hanging in there but i'm all set to transfer to the children's fancier laptop at any moment.  Just in case i suddenly fall of the blogosphere, i'm busy 'moving' & swearing.  Sorry for the sudden halt of blog love, visits & comments!!
  
So here's a quick little Christmas decoration idea for you - i picked up these cute coloured felt baubles at Lincraft this week, half price = $2.50 for a set of 16.  I thought they'd look cute on twine, hanging around the house this season.
 I snipped off the silver strings & measured out a length of twine.  Then from the centre , i started tying the baubles at even spaces in each direction towards the ends, to create this bauble string.  They look like a rainbow of lights.
 I was catching up with a friend last night - she likes quirky crafty cool things, so i made her one & popped it in a shallow box (paper bag cut down).  Took all of 5 minutes, yay!!

I met up her between 4-back-to-back-children's-dentist-appointments & my son's junior choir concert. Deep breath, i was chanting my 'simple & effective' mantra. It was a Christmas Carol concert with audience percussion participation (i was on the triangle).  It was really was sweet but we were home late & i still had to pack the car for today's market. Naturally while i'm waving arms around ushering children into showers & jammies, of COURSE they were hungry again, even though they had post-dentist sushi, then sausages & snacks at the concert . . . my husband rang SO i'm juggling baskets of market goods over the bike rack & tail gate with one arm (& you know my hand issues!!) Simple & effective, i'll get there, maybe Monday??
Want more crafty goodness, check out Our Creative Space, love Posie
Stay tuned folks, next week i have some cool PR + giveaways for Donna Hay & IKEA!!  Follow the blog so you don't miss out, they will both be quick drawes, so they can be shipped in time for Christmas.

15 comments:

CHD said...

I like them. So simple but so effective. Might just have to use that idea. Cx

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Good luck with the market today Posie. ♥

Mimi said...

Wow Posie you amaze me with all your wonderful energy. I love the Christmas baubles. Enjoy the markets today. Mimi xx

Jan Maree said...

oh I love those felt baubles! Lucky i didn't see them as I really don't need any more Christmas decorations! Seriously don't need more!

Felicity said...

Soft and tactile vs blingy - love the baubles and your ever present enthusiasm & optimism.

Hope today is gentler and the laptop hangs in there for a bit longer.

xx

Leonie said...

totally cute and effective!!! love it.

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

oh jennie you really are such a positively optimistic person to take all of that in your stride! Those little baubles look great and i'm sure your friend will love them - have heaps of fun at the market xx

Anonymous said...

I greatly appreciate all the info I've read here. I will spread the word about your blog to other people. Cheers.

Christina Lowry said...

Lincraft you say... hmmm... :)

Might have to go and check out our local Lincraft once I am no longer house bound. Toddler with a tummy bug. Not fun!

Maxabella said...

Very cute, Posie. These are the balls that Maxi chose for his little Christmas tree. x

Mum on the Run said...

Simple & effective - I like it.
Do I remind you to take care of your hands or just be amazed at your efficiency??
:-)

Tales of a Tai Tai said...

Very creative, as usual Posie. Tres impressive ;) x

polkadotpeticoat said...

How are you doing....My neighbor broke her wrist the other day she is in her 60's so I have been calling her the cripple....Its hard to lose the use of one hand but you have that with both being in pain.....love the garland of cool ornaments!

ally said...

They are super sweet
I thought you were supposed to be resting?
xx

Sam said...

I like simple, especially this time of the year, it's so crazy busy, well done for keeping calm and positive :)