11 November 2011

perfecting bad taste . . . 'things i'm loving - want to see my yeast infection??'

Greetings all,
Not what you were expecting??  Going to new lows of bad taste on my imperfection journey this week & a little nod to my background in pharmacology.  In an effort to lighten up blogland with silly posts - recently at Questacon Science Centre, we picked up a bunch of diseasesI know, disease softies!!  Not what you'd find over at delightfully-clever-softie-making-Queen Jodie's Ric Rac blog!!
 Meet our new friend - Bread & Beer Infection, or just cut to the chase & call it a Yeast Infection (centre) i know, eewwww.  They even say on the tag "scale 1:1000000" just in case you were wondering??  
 Clockwise from top left: Toxic Mould; Yeastie; Scabes; Dust Mite; Lyme Disease; & Brain Cell (sy-nap-tastic).  My boy went to a sleepover recently & announced to the very posh family that he brought his own dust mite!!  No, none of us knew to say. 
Help, my eldest girl is being attacked by Toxic Mould!!  He looks like an upsidedown octopus, he's hard not to like with those big eyes!!  You can also find HIV, Rabies, TB, Polio . . . all the nasties are available.  Ok, so we're into science in this household, this amuses us & if my children ace "what does Lyme Disease look like" one day, i've done my job.  Like the date today??  11.11.11, a nod to those maths & science nerds who see the world in 0s & 1s.  I am no longer one of you!!
For better taste & class, check out PaisleyJade's Things I'm Loving this Friday.

Today is Rememberence Day, i'll be at the War Memorial.  I miss my husband terribly, yet i'm more emotional & upset when i attend these ceremonies with him.  Last year we sat behind the mates of a fallen soldier, it was heartwrenching to see these tough young men sobbing, arms linked.  I had my husband, right next to me, squeezing my hand & passing me tissues, other wives did not.  It's going to be incredibly sombre, my handsome soldier doesn't know why i torture myself by attending, but i like to offer my support, if only by filling one seat, i feel closer to what my husband is doing, just by being there. 
We Will Remember Them . . . Lest We Forget.  Love Posie

31 comments:

Jan Maree said...

He might not know why you torture yourself but I bet his is really proud that you care enough to go. Thinking of you and all those effected in whatever way by today. I have already set my iphone alarm for 11am so that whereever I am at that time today I remember.

Thea said...

It should be illegal making nasty bugs look so cute. Anyway, all my love to you and all the other Army families today. xx

trash said...

Lest we forget.

Unknown said...

Disease softies? Whatever next!

I hope the remembrance at the war memorial goes okay for you. Hugs x

A said...

It's still 11.10.11 here today but happy 11.11.11 to you :-)

polkadotpeticoat said...

You amaze me....speechless!

Mimi said...

Lest we forget. I am thinking of you today Posie, much love to you and your family. Mimi xx

P.S. I like the little critters, I think they are a great idea!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Thanks everyone, very heavy heart today. I know it's a mixed post of inappropriate soft toys & remembering our soldiers, this is how i have to process things right now, like my mother's Alzheimer's, all in compartments for me to deal with when i can. Love Posie

Mum on the Run said...

Part 1 - what the heck??!!
Part 2 - my thoughts are with you and all other military families today. Lest we forget.
x

Liz said...

We will remember them Jennie, take lots of tissues..
Love the softies, but I think I'll pass.. hehehe
Lizzie
xxx

Sarah said...

Thinking of you today. You show a great inner strength by attending these events.

Love the germ, bug toys

Jo in TAS said...

Thinking of all our soldiers, past and present and their families today.
HUgs to you and your family
Lest We Forget xxx
Jo

PaisleyJade said...

All my love - and ewwwww to the softies!! ;)

Feronia said...

Such an important day, Posie. So important to remember and reflect.

Salley said...

The Last Post. Gut wrenching when you know of a dear departed service person. Hang in there Jennie.

willow and moo said...

The bugs are awesome.

Jess said...

Thinking of you and your family today.When I saw the title of this post I became intrigued and then when I saw the pictures I actually laughed out loud. Thank you for a much needed laugh at the end of a long week. Jess x (p.s thanks for popping on over to my blog!)

Cate Lawrence said...

Love the toxic mould, I wrote an article on the experiences of mould in rental properties for Green Renters a few weeks ago. And hugs to you and yours, my grandma was an army nurse in WW2 and her brothers were POW in Changi and I've been thinking about them today
hugs
Cate

BarefootBride said...

I love that idea about the bugs. My son would go crazy for something like that!

Nothing more needs to be said about today other than it made it more poignant given recent events. We have a number of defence families at our school so teachers had a bit of a juggling act to do today as most of the kids had a parent currently serving o/s. Poor things did rather well on the whole though.

Tas said...

Gosh, Jen. The extremes of emotions in this post...I have a sense of humour that borders on weird given my degree but you have to ask why? lol

We will remember them.

xx

Karla {Ironmum Karla} said...

Thinking of you Jennie, you are one strong lady! Hope it went ok today, I guess it would make you feel a little closer to your husband. Good idea to bring out the critters!karlax

Libby said...

Oh lovely Posie,
I have been thinking of you constantly for the past couple of weeks and especially today.
Tears today as I stood in Bunnings and listened to the last post echoing.
Sending you lots of hugs and warmest wishes :)
Lib

ClaireyHewitt said...

I love these!!! You need to do a Mould and Yeast Infection giveaway!!!! Ahhhhaaaa, imagine the title...

Oh I really love these. So funny.

Kirsty @ Bowerbird Blue said...

those critters are ace. The day must hold special significance for you, I always think of my grandpa on the 11/11.

TexWisGirl said...

your last paragraph is so touching...

Felicity said...

I was teaching Preps yesterday and at 11:00 we stopped what we were doing, held hands in a circle and bowed our heads.

I looked up as they stood their in their innocence and had to hold back a tear.
We are so very fortunate that men and women like your handsome soldier sacrifice so much to defend our wonderful way of life.

I said a little prayer of gratitude for all of you all and hope he is home soon to hold you and your Gifts tight.

xx's

ally said...

Oh those buggies are so cute - we used to have a plush pancreas and a stomach!!
Thought of you all yesterday - I'm sure your presence was appreciated

Anonymous said...

Hii Wt a Grate Blog.....

All For Love said...

Oh you're a beautiful soul Posie. So strong of mind and character. It would mean so much to soldiers and loved ones to have your added support to them. Hope it was a nice positive experience for you :o)
I don't know what to think about those softie germs... really cute... but also a little scary! haha! xo

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Thanks for the kind thoughts, you're just the best!! It was a long exhausting day & i'm one of the lucky ones, i got to speak to my husband last night, it was fantastic. Love Posie

Melody said...

Those stuffed diseases are hilarious! Can't even imagine the look on the parentals at the sleep-over -- too funny!

God bless your husband as he serves! Thank you for your service as a wife of a soldier & mother to military brats! (j/k - I'm sure that is totally not the case...) Where would our countries be without the spouse to keep the home together? I'm sure your attendance at the memorial was a blessing to many.