13 December 2012

the silly season gets sillier

 Greetings all,
To expel the crazy of Christmas out of my life - i've always planned well in advance, as we have large families & parties to hold in December too.  This week we'll be bringing home 14 children from school to a party here, then deliver them to a school disco.  For me, with a lot of preparation & organisation, it's quite effortless . . . busy/ crazy/ noisy . . . but my children will have a ball, everyone will be fed dinner & i'm saving a dozen parents the trip to the other side of Canberra, because i can, thanks to my husband & the fact we have two 8 seater cars!! 
Amazing what you can do with a $3 packet of balloons, twine & removable hooks on the ceiling!!
All the fans & tissue shapes are available in my on line shop, they're reusable & inexpensive, yet pay for themselves over time.
 I'm making almost all the food myself, as it tastes better, i have the time & it is more cost effective, i even want to give making candied pop corn a go.  
 Thanks to playing on Instagram these past couple of months, a whole new group of 'friends' have opened up.  I hit 1000 followers this week.  I popped by the new Moxom + Whitney florist in Braddon, after welcoming hugs & giggles, Loulou presented us with this gorgeous bunch of blooms, which are sitting front & centre on the party table.  How delightful are people in this world??
 Ok, back to party preparation & fluffing tissue pom poms.   
If you are local &/ or have friends in Canberra, please direct them to the Downer Hall (just north of Canberra city) tomorrow evening, 4-8p.m. for a gorgeous little market event.  I'm having a huge sale, enjoy.  For more Christmasy decorations & festive fun, check out KidSpot Village Voices My Creative Space, love Posie

10 comments:

Maxabella said...

The balloon idea is awesome, Jen. I love all the colour - it's going to be great fun for everyone. x

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Oooh that candied popcorn - I need to make some too. It looks delicious. Enjoy the party x

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

There is nothing prettier than a room full of balloons and paper lanters. I love this look so much!

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

yep I'm with Bron ... that balloon idea is awesome x

Romy said...

That room looks superb and so true about home made food tasting better! Rx

Lisa - Sweet Little Pretties said...

Beautiful - hope tonight goes well x

Life Love and Hiccups said...

Ihope it goes fabulously - the balloons look just gorgeous hun xx

Woollybutthill said...

Love the decorating! It instantly sets the mood so well. It has been far to long since I have been able to get to one of your markets but I would love to see a couple of pix. Hope it goes well.

X M

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

Let me know how u go with the candied popcorn. I tried making pink popcorn last month and it just went soggy. :(. if yours is successful, I'd love to give it another go!

B is building a house said...

Candied popcornnnn? Droooooool!

B