08 August 2011

our day at the Lego Brick Expo

Greetings all,
I should explain what my idea of giving myself the weekend off really means . . . spending 4 hours on Saturday collecting & distributing party goers . . . & Sunday involved 4 hours at the Lego Brick Expo in Canberra (including 2 hours in the queue).  Best $10 entry fee i've ever spent . . . to see the most incredible small scale Lego & smiles on my Lego loving children's faces.
There was a theatre set up with Lego short movies . . . 
 the Blocksford Music Festival . . .
 detailed cities complete with transport . . .
 space Lego . . .
 & kryogenetics??
 I love this family lunch scene, complete with roast chicken . . .
 this amazing street scape with detailed trees & flowers . . .
 police station . . .
 a taste of Europe . . .
 a farm . . .
 an amazing mountain with various cabins & railways . . .
 good old cowboys & indians . . .
with such detail, humour & talent, it was well worth the wait!!
I'll be back tomorrow with some more fun Lego - think quirky Legomen, just too much for one post.  There will also be a Lego giveaway coming up soon, so be sure to follow now so you don't miss it.  Love Posie

24 comments:

CHD said...

My boys would have loved all that lego. We have to amazing opportunity to take them to Legoland later in the year- we can't wait. Cx

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

So cool x

Brenda said...

The Lego displays look amazing. Both my children would have loved to have been there!

Unknown said...

Oh wow, my son would have loved that! Is it a yearly event? Perhaps we will have to plan a Canberra weekend next year so we can attend.

Sarah B said...

I remember going to a big Lego display when I was a child and I absolutely loved it.
Looks like a lot of fun x

Felicity said...

Loving it all Jennie.
You are AMAZING!

xx Felicity

Tas said...

Fingers crossed that this comes to Adelaide...with shorter queues perhaps lol.

Creative Corner said...

My boys would have loved that too! Master 3 is standing here next to me saying WOW at all the photos (and wanting to play with it all)! Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve!

G said...

Lego... an excellent invention. Looks like a lot of fun! gxo

mel @ loved handmade said...

WOW!! My boys would have LOVED that. Our middle guy plans to be a lego designer when he grows up...

BarefootBride said...

We're going to Legoland later this year and I can't wait. My boy loves Lego - a far cry from his reaction to his first Lego gift!

Anonymous said...

One look at the queue on Sunday afternoon turned us away pretty quickly. Looks awesome - wish I had the time & patience to have lined up.

Cat said...

How cool is that! I have a couple of nephews that would just love going to visit something like that. As a child a remember going to Lego Land at the top of the Myer's Centre, seeing the buildings made out of Lego it was so much fun. Glad you had a good weekend. xo

karenshopes said...

Sounds like great fun, Do you have a Legoland over there, if not you would love it, its an outdoor lego theme park for children of course !! I have no small children now but I still love to go LOL. I ant wait until my grandson is old enough.
KAren x

Unknown said...

how fun! I loved lego as a child, my little one is on the bigger bricks at moment and would jsut want to dismantle these creations!

Sam said...

Definately putting this on the to do list for future, my son eats, sleeps and breathes lego! xSam

TexWisGirl said...

that is some creative greatness!

Kylie said...

Sounds and looks lie you had a great weekend. Lego is lots of fun. My two would have had a great time there too:)

Bron said...

My little guy would absolutely love this...was it a local thing or are they taking it on tour around the country do you know?

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Not sure if it's a national tour or what, but it was amazing!! I only heard about it on the radio in a tiny group community ad, so lucky or we would have missed it. Love Posie

Kate said...

Wow - my girls would love that (and so would I!).

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Ooo, how fun! I would love to attend something like this. It's amazing what people can make given a million tiny blocks in various shapes and sizes :)

Margo said...

oh how neat! and I'm wearing my Lego earrings today. We have a Lego museum and store not far from us - we really should take the kids.

Anonymous said...

eeeekkkkkkk! So jealous! Must repeat...... better planning required next time ;)