22 April 2011

things i'm loving & i'm grateful for 'our cute & fluffy family Easter'

Greetings all,
Combining this week's 'Things I'm Loving' with Paisley Jade & 'I'm Grateful For' with Maxabella Loves this week to bring you a long week double post of Australian family Easter cuteness.  I love it when my husband is around, we do so many fun family things. 

 Full marks for cuteness with this family.
 Ok so they sleep like 22/24 hours . . .
 but this koala was super active, climbing, jumping & stretching.
 Oh who doesn't love a great petting zoo??  Don't be fooled by the high schooler's facial expression, she is not loving her smile or photo being taken at the moment.  It's a faze.
 I really like goats, not sure why, everyone complains about them but surely if they are in proper fencing & entertained, they'll be great on the farm.
 This animal lover of course wanted to take them all home with us.
 Animals bring out the best in children, don't you think??
 Wallabies . . .
 a huge reason why i want a farm, space, animals & a simple family life in the country . . . it's based around the fact we'll have 4 teenagers very soon.  They can go & complain, cry & let out all their tension in their own space with the animals at the end of each day.
 These were very chilled wallabies & kangaroos.
 Best of all, we have handsome soldier with us.
 So wishing you all a great slide into Easter from my family to yours.
Relax & enjoy your long weekend!!  Love Posie

20 comments:

Thea said...

That last photo is hilarious. It's what I'm doing today. I agree that animals bring out the best in kids. x

Sarah B said...

I agree, animals are great for children to spend time with. They teach you a good sense of responsibility, along with many other things.
I just love that last photo!
Have a great Easter Posie :)

Leah said...

Crikey, that looks like fun :)

Susan said...

High schoolers..phases....! She should grow out of it soon, sometime in the next decade, I predict! Great photos. thanks for sharing! Happy Easter!

PaisleyJade said...

Now I know what you mean about loving lots of cuddly things! So cute - love Australian animals.

Unknown said...

Happy Easter! Sign I miss my year spent in Oz (15 years ago!!) I looked like a fun day out. Kx

Anonymous said...

We have a petting zoo that visits us locally but nothing as exotic as your animals....however my younger children love spending time patting and feeding the animals.
xx

brismod said...

The idea of living on a farm with teenagers is a great one! And such a nice day to spend as a family. xx

Cate said...

Oh I'm so happy for you!!! Handsome soldier home for easter! yay Posie!
have a really great easter :-)
xxxCate

All For Love said...

Aww what a lovely day out. The animals AND the kiddies are gorgeous. I love days like that, just good, wholesome, memorable days. Happy Easter Posie, hope you have many more wonderful moments this weekend :o)

Miss Prudence said...

happy easter Posie! Petting zoos always a crowd pleaser! We have so many funny memories that come from such trips...

Shelley said...

Gorgeous photos!! I hope you and your gorgeous family have a beautiful Easter together. xx

Jane said...

Wow, I'm so glad that I stumbled across your fab blog! I love how I get to 'meet' so many bloggy friends! This is a lovely post, (great photos) cuddly animals and children - such a sweet combination! Have a lovely Easter too, I followed your blog and I shall be back to visit you, Jane:)

Heidi said...

Enjoy your family and how nice to have him home.....I can't believe how sweet they are?
Happy Easter, Momma!

Cathie said...

ahhh, absolutely beautiful!
good to see the whole Posie family together.
enjoy the love Ms Posie, you deserve it ♥

Anonymous said...

Hi Posie, thanks so much for visiting and leaving your beautiful comment. I am so happy for you that you have your husband home this Easter! How special..
Your pictures look like Australia Zoo? We have just been there, and the kids loved it!! Enjoy the rest of the Easter break.
Flick xo

Naturally Carol said...

I love that photo of the chilled out kangaroo...funny, my dog does that too! I used to hate my mum saying to people or me that I was going through this phase or that phase..it used to make me so angry..'cos I never thought I was..lol.

Karena said...

Jennie just adoreable! I love these special creatures of God!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Come and enter my Fashionable Giveaway from the French Basketeer!

Tracy Todd said...

I am so jealous of the photos of your children hand feeding these animals. As a southern girl, all we have are cows, horses, and other assorted livestock. How I long to visit Australia! Thanks for sharing the pictures!!

Tracy Http://thenexthalfoflife.blogspot.com

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh too many Hot Cross Buns, now i'm like the kangaroo in the last image, love Posie