27 April 2011

my creative space 'screen printing holiday' & OPEN DAY this Saturday

Greetings all,
Well HOW lucky am i??  Last week I spent a whole day of giggles, laughter, lessons, business & fun with the wonderful Thea Samios of Thea & Sami screen printing magic, in Queensland.  Thank you Thea, i had a ball with you, i've certainly caught the screen printing bug!!
 Now this is one full on professional set up with mega printing tables, assistant Dan, wall fans, sky lights plus a custom design cleaning trough, it was screen printing bliss.
 Honestly, it was like watching magic happen, with this back & forth flowing rhythm of paint, screens, accuracy & perfection.  Oh, on the best quality linens too!!
 Sweet Thea doesn't like her photo being taken . . . what is more gorgeous than taking a bunch of images of someone as they work, to find they're laughing in every photo you download!!??
 This was jaw dropping beauty, honest & for true.
 Thea & Dan had both the 10m & 7m tables printing up a storm.
 Thea & i both love our maths & numbers so the accuracy & measurement is our thing.  Precision is key, especially with her detailed designs.
 Even watching the different runs dry at intervals was magical.
 Watching paint dry is fascinating, i can assure you.
 Then i got to play with some shapes i brought along to cut out & make into screens.
 So i made each of my children a new pyjama top.
 Look at these beautiful designs on the large screens.
 Want a piece of the action too??  Thea is holding a GRAND OPENING of this new studio & shop on Saturday 30th April, from 10a.m. to 4p.m. at Unit 1, 6 Jones Road, Capalaba Queensland.  Find out how fabrics are screen printed & pick up some beautiful original hand screen printed delights, including remnants.  There will be screen printing demonstrations at 11a.m. & 1p.m.  You will be made to feel very welcome!!  Please RSVP here
EDIT: new blog post about preparations here with news of a $100 Thea&Sami gift voucher to be won by one lucky attendee.

The remnants are AMAZING, quality, value & perfect for those smaller sewing projects.  I promise i left some!!
So i'm very ready to be back in my own studio after some fun & relaxation in Queensland (so much more on that later) & will be sewing my heart out to wrap up the school holidays & make good use of the huge array of new fabrics in my new cool vintage suitcase.  Happy Creative Space this week, i've been having a ball.  Love Posie

26 comments:

Jane said...

Just stunning, Jennie - thanks ever so much for sharing. What a thrill it must have been- you lucky duck! J x

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

Wow - it's fascinating to see screen printing done on such a large scale. Thanks!

Naturally Carol said...

I love that teal design, in fact they are all georgeous!

Bron said...

What an amazing setup...lucky you to be a part of such creativity.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

So that is how they do it! Gorgeous prints I see!!
Hope you are having a wonderful fabulous week my friend!
XOXOXOX
Kristin

All For Love said...

What a wonderful experience and thanks for capturing it all to share with us. I had NO IDEA that is how screen printing was done. Love the PJ tops you made and I bet the kiddies did too :o)

Susan said...

Wow! Fabulous fabric printing! Great post!

Thea said...

Thanks Jennie. You had no idea how much I loved meeting you - it was like we had known each other for years. I can't wait for your next visit! I promise to take the whole day off for you - whatever you like, printing, op-shops, etc. xx

Brenda said...

Visiting Thea would have been so much fun. Lucky you being able to watch all those lovley linens come to life!

Kerry said...

I am very envious of your visit to Thea. I love her beautiful designs. Another reason to want to live in Brisbane!

Miss Prudence said...

Thanks Jennie, this post was really interesting, lucky you getting a chance to try your hand without being responsible for the set up and pack up!

Sarah B said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I'd love up do some screenprinting- I have a screen, I just need some good ideas and motivation! Those sample packs look fab :)

Felicity said...

It truly was wonderful to see Thea smiling and laughing whilst working and I can imagine you both had lots of fun together.

As I pondered the two of you gorgeous dynamos in the one space all I could think was "Poor Dan!" he may not know what hit him.

I have a piece of Thea's lovely linen which I've been holding onto for 'just the right' project & hope to be able to receive some inspiration soon as it's too nice to have hidden away in a cupboard.

xx F

Anonymous said...

Oh wow....look at those designs...just gorgeous. Sounds like you had a ball and I can see why :)
Welcome home Jen.
xo

Claudia Lane said...

Wow it looks fantastic, am so jealous...thanks for sharing all this beauty.
Have a great week xo

Rosalind said...

Disregard my question, see that you are home now. Will call about the bug. Love that you got to see all T&S, I am jealous in the nicest possibly way xx

Tania McCartney said...

That fabric is STUNNING! I bet you were hyperventillating.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

I can imagine how inspiring and creative your day was Jennie. It's fun to see others working in their studios.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

beachvintage.com said...

Hi Jennie, sorry I missed you last week on Sunday. I went home and spent some time with my family. Thanks for the info about canberra handmade. Will follow up some things soon. Cheers. Simone xx

mel @ loved handmade said...

Oh WOW, those prints are stunning! It must have been such fun, what a great experience, lucky you..xx

Kellie Collis said...

The prints are gorgeous! Have a lovely day, Kellie xx

Seaweed and Raine said...

Drool worthy studio, designs... and remnants ;)
You are so lucky to have experienced it. I shant be going to the opening though, I will be visiting your neck of the woods for a baby shower! :)

Unknown said...

They all look very lovely! Hope you had a nice break. I have loads of pieces of material to sew together to make into a patchwork quilt. For my son's naming ceremony, I asked all the guest to bring a piece of fabric that was special to them in some way. I have about 80 pieces! Didn't factor in how difficult it would be. Thanks for dropping by on my Hells Bells post, it sounds like your wedding was a wonderful day!

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

wow-ee look at all that diiiiivine fabric!!! i love the peacocks they look adorable!! glad you had such a lovely day xx

Unknown said...

Lucky, lucky you!!!
I soo want to go, pity I'm a bit too far away!

Glad you had a good holiday in Queensland xx

Kylie said...

Looks like so much fun - I am planning on ducking over there tomorrow and have my fingers crossed that I can do a course before we leave.