18 March 2011

things i'm loving . . . 'typewriter keys & watch parts'

Greetings all,
Bit of show & tell for Paisley Jade's 'Things I'm Loving' this week . . . check out these amazing typewriter keys & watch parts, made into jewellery!!  A new designer at Shop Handmade has a cute brand new recycle/ upcycle business called Green? & boxes of these quirky pieces are hand delivered each week.  I bought my eldest daughter a tombtone typewriter key necklace $25, then set to choose something for me me me.  I couldn't resist the XO typewriter key earrings, only $35 & already zillions of "i want" comments from shop assistants/ customers/ mums at school . . . but when my 3rd daughter spied the new $30 watch part necklace (with cute bird adornment, the watch parts spin as i walk) her words "adorable, thanks for buying that for me, i'll wear it now".  Um, maybe one day i'll share!!
If you're into this kind of jewellery, you'll know designers charge a fortune for such upcycled styles, thus me printing the prices which Tamsin from Green? charges. They are so inexpensive & beautifully made, it's a brand new business (no website yet) & currently exclusive to Shop Handmade in Canberra!!
That's it from me thanks, have great weekends everyone!!  It has been a short week here but just as much work, effort & fun.  I have twins off horse riding tonight on a friend's farm & a special girl coming home from high school camp, leaving me with just the boy after school, so we're going to get up to some mischief while we wait for the camp coach at dusk.  Love Posie
PS fancy a great giveaway, only 10 days to go!!

10 comments:

Heidi said...

I love these and that necklace is wonderful!

seabreezequilts said...

Love Steampunk Jewellery, have a few piles of watch pieces to be made into things one day.

Sarah B said...

These are really cute Posie, but I wonder how the artist makes any money?
Have a lovely Friday!

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous pieces....I love unusual jewellry and these being 'green' are even better :)
xx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

hey jennie...it amazes me the things people create...just wonderful and aren't we all lucky to have so...i miss coming up but will get there...sigh
i love popcorn too...now i'm probably going to have some today...have fun getting up to mischief...love dzintra

PaisleyJade said...

Oooo - I love jewellery like that! Thanks so much for joining in and have a wonderful weekend!! xoxo

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
by marie-nicole said...

They're great pieces... I'm all for upcycling and recycling. Enjoy your new jewellery!

Bron said...

Thanks for sharing another great crafter with so much talent...Shop Handmade must be such a great place to work ...and spend.

Naturally Carol said...

Unique and interesting pieces of jewelry...love them!