28 November 2010

post market merchandising

Greetings all,
So how can you make your tax deductible small business dollar last forever . . . invest in gorgeous merchandising ideas you'd want to keep on display in your home!!
I do the entrance displays & decorations for the Mathilda's Market in Canberra & this was my double effort today, as we have 2 entrances into the ballroom where it's held.  They are only metres apart so i thought a matchy matchy style subtle Christmas look would work well.
For my regular readers & Christmas-theme-lovers . . . you'll be pleased to see how my bird ornament collection is really coming together & it appears that i love red too!!  You don't have to spend much, sure the trees are new from Bed, Bath & Table, but i waited patiently for their 15% off sale.  The picnic basket was $5, some feathery bird ornaments from a $2 shop & lanterns are $14 from the Reject Shop.  Don't go & buy up all the lanterns in Canberra please, i dropped one in the garage when i got home & smashed the glass.  I need them for next Saturday's Handmade Market as it goes into twilight hours!!
I was next to Red Berry Designs, how gorgeous are these mobiles??  After dinner last night my eldest daughter made origami cranes out of the Haig restaurant napkins, impressing the wait staff & my parents!!  She read the '1000 Paper Cranes' book this year, incredibly sad, i remember doing it in senior primary too & crying in class.
Well i'm exhausted after a very long draining weekend & market.  My husband loved the praise & comments in the last post, now he's making a butterflied leg of lamb for dinner.  No, there is nothing he can't do.Now have you checked out the latest giveaway to win a copy of Handmade Living, a sewing craft kit & fabric . . . follow this blog & leave a comment now!!  Go two posts back.
Have lovely weeks everyone, love Posie

7 comments:

Simone - honeyandfizz said...

It all looks fabulous! I have always loved those trees. We have been making origami cranes here too. xx
P.S - Posting your interview on thursday :)

quilary said...

The trees look so pretty and welcoming - the room will look fantastic with all that 'birdy' gorgeousness in it!

Kelly Casanova said...

Great looking displays :)

Brenda said...

What a beautiful display to welcome all the market goers. I wish I was there to spend up big at all the glorious stands and say hello to all the lovely smiling people behind them.

I'm glad you weekend went well, now put your feet up and get your husband to give them a big rub!

Tracy said...

Very classic and festive displays.

Corrie said...

ohhhh hope it was a great day! I love that venue too!

corrie:)

Anonymous said...

Which cartoon do you like The Simpsons or Family Guy?