03 September 2010

My Creative Space 'happiness is . . . bolts of Japanese prints'

Greetings all,
'tis a late Creative Space . . . I've been running around collecting gifts all week for the school's Father's Day Stall (plants, gourmet sauces, chocolates - i refused to allow crap gifts for people's hard earned $5-10).  Then i had a lovely interuption to my P&C duties to remind myself i have a business too.  18 bolts of Japanese fabric heaven, ahhhh, bring on the Spring & Summer for lovely colourful sewing.
Amazingly enough, it took a whole day before i ripped the plastic off these bolts, oh, so lovely, quality, texture, double gauze, cotton & canvas, each a delight.
With 10 years of professional sewing with designer imported prints like these, i added some fun 60's feel mushroom styles in the mix, just like curtains you'd see in a rumpus room!!  Just fantastic!!
As i make lots of tiny products too (badges, coin purses, applique swatches) i find these small repeat patterns simply glorious.  Do owls ever disappoint??
So as i put my feet up tonight (that is a joke) & reflect on the busy day that is selling Father's Day gifts to over 200 children . . . i'll starting thinking up what i'm going to do with this new bounty of fabric.  I want simple pants & cute skirts as the priority products - for the Handmade Market next Saturday (deep breaths as i'm not ready, keeping stock levels up at Shop Handmade is keeping me busy enough) + the usual gazillion fat quarters i'll take for sale.  Just like last market, with a husband away, 4 children to raise properly, working at Shop & school volunteer work, i've got to be happy with a smaller stocked stall.  Right now that is managable - half the effort = half the stress!!  Watch out for the Christmas Market though, my husband is hinting at taking a couple of months off, oh, imagine my productivity, then again, he's a wonderful distraction??!! 
Have peace, love & happy weekends people, i see a give away on the horizon . . . after Handmade Market please, oh did i mention Mathilda's is also on next week in Canberra, sure, a double, why not, i haven't cracked yet!!  Then i can have a break down & glide into school holidays.  Love Posie

16 comments:

cheeky textiles said...

Oh Darling cant wait to have a little closer look at these. i see you have the birdsong in there..cool..very nice.7 days to go ...to handmade...ahh

Luisa said...

Phew..I'm just exhausted reading all that!
Hope the Father's Day stall went smashingly!

Mrs Sew & So's said...

Nothing like beautiful fabrics to brighten ones day. I have some of the babushka double gauze - it is so pretty! Note: Can you speak with my daughters P&C? She brought home gardening gloves for her non-gardening father. She said that there wasn't much else to choose from, but she is still so proud of her $10 purchase! Lou x

Unknown said...

Those fabrics are making me go week at the knees!
Happy Weekend. Kx

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

Oh how I wish you were running the fathers day stall at our school! The standard really is not high! The kids do so love having a chance to shop on their own terms though don't they! My daughter was so excited about her purchases that she has given them to her dad already.
Gorgeous fabrics!

Heidi said...

Posie I love the owls, my goodness you will be busy, check your gas tank...haha
Oh I hope he gets those 2 months off how wonderful for all of you!

Lia said...

oooo i so wanna cry looking at your beautiful bolts :'(....JEALOUS MUCH

Unknown said...

wow, so many yummy fabrics! Have a great weekend too!
I wish I could come to Canberra...sounds like it will be a gorgeous market as always:)
Enjoy! X

Sally said...

Be sure to take care of yourself!

Thea said...

Love the colours, love the owls... and listen to your hubby - you probably will both need some time off soon. x

Megan said...

well done on organising such a great father's day stall, we don't have stalls at school over here, we make stuff for dad's in the classroom. this year i came up with my best father's day present yet in shrinkydink keyrings. will definitely be doing this one next year!

hope the market goes well and you get a couple of minutes here and there to quickly pop your feet up over the weekend. x

Kelly Casanova said...

Oooh! Aaaah!
Enjoy your weekend with your new fabrics!

mel @ loved handmade said...

All those prints are fabulous, have a lovely weekend!

Knicky Knacks said...

Simply don't know how you do it. But all power to you my love. Lovin' those fabrics. Makes the one I sent you a little...ah...boring! Have a wonderful weekend. Trace :)

Brenda said...

Oh those fabrics make me feel good just looking at them. I can't imagine how you must feel being able to play with them!

One week to go....are you stressed yet?

Tania McCartney said...

OMG - DIVINE!!! x